I don’t struggle with finding things that inspire. All I have to do is walk in a garden. But being a Very Inspiring Blogger? That never occurred to me. And so, I was touched and more than a little humbled by Composer in the Garden’s nomination for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Lynn is a composer of both music and gardens; they come together beautifully on her artistically produced and beautifully written blog.
I’m fairly new to this blogging thing, and did not realize how surprisingly rewarding it would be. Begun as a simple chronicle of our Homeward Bound Memorial Garden project, I have been delighted to find a whole new community with which to share, learn from, and be inspired by. I’m happy when others enjoy the journey.
The nomination rules ask me to thank my awarder; easily done. Sincere thanks to Lynn at Composer in the Garden.
Next, I am asked to reveal seven facts about myself. Much harder:
1. My real name is not Ogee – it is Audrey. Ogee is the name given to me by my godchild. I love it – and her.
2. I don’t really believe in reading palms, but couldn’t help but notice that my life line split in two. Now I know why. It’s all good. It brought me here.
3. Chocolate. Addicted. Utterly.
4. I sleep with dogs. Big surprise.
5. I make a mean Apple Pie.
6.I love ocean camping. There is no better sleep than drifting off to the sound of waves crashing against the shore.
7. I’m thrilled that the blog has brought more attention to the mission of Homeward Bound, but am embarrassed when it receives more attention than the dedicated trainers, groomers, feeders, walkers, transporters and placement teams who find homes for hundreds of dogs each year. To them I present the real “Very Inspiring Award.”
This is the best part. Here are some of the blogs that I enjoy. I’m asked to nominate 15 and pay it forward:
Romancing the Bee http://romancingthebee.com/
Garden Walk Garden Talk http://gardenwalkgardentalk.com/
Leaf and Twig http://leafandtwig.wordpress.com/
The Grady Report http://thegradyreport.wordpress.com/
Two Black Dogs http://twoblackdoggies.wordpress.com/
Tales of Life with Cats and Dogs http://kittyandpuppytails.com/
The Soulsby Farm http://soulsbyfarm.wordpress.com/
Love and a Six-Foot Leash http://loveandaleash.com/
No Dog About It http://nodogaboutit.wordpress.com/
Paws to Talk http://pawstotalk.net/
Foster Tails – the Life of a Foster Parent http://fostertail.wordpress.com/
Adventures of a Dog Mom http://adventuresofadogmom.wordpress.com/
The Daily Golden http://thedailygolden.com/
CtoC Friendspirations http://ctocfriendspirations.wordpress.com/
Now, I am asked to notify each. Time to get busy!
Sincere thanks to all.